- Situated in the centre of Lagos Island’s commercial district, Tafawa Balewa Square was where Nigeria celebrated its independence on 1 October 1960
- TBS is a 14.5-hectare (35.8-acre) ceremonial ground (originally called “Race Course”)
- TBS was constructed in 1972 over the site of a defunct rack for horse racing.
The square has a capacity for 50,000 people. Facilities at the square include a shopping center, Airline’s Travel Agencies, restaurants and car parking and a bus terminal
- Tafawa balewa square investment ltd is located at race course in the heart of lagos island.
- It was designed to provide hire facilities for social gatherings and
- Has two pavilions on 4 floors enclosing an open arena of 3,584 hectares;
Terrace shops, administrative block/pavilion and annexes bounding a 3.122-hectare field
- World-class facility that will boast of a 5000-seater convention centre & conference halls,
- a 5-star hotel,
- 1,500 spaces shopping mall,
- 10 floor creativity block,
- 60-floors offices,
- 200 luxury apartments and
- 10,000 spaces of car park.