SERVICOM Propels BPE’s Service Delivery Initiative, Says Okoh
Director General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), Mr. Alex A.Okoh has said that the mandate of Service Compact (SERVICOM) propels the Bureau’s service delivery initiative and appealed to other government agencies in the country to do the same.
Okoh stated this at the second quarter Meeting of the State House Ministerial SERVICOM Unit and the Focal Officers of SERVICOM Units of Parastatals, under the oversight of the State House hosted by the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) on Tuesday, June 28, 2022.
He said that in its drive to achieve the SERIVCOM mandate, the Bureau anchors all its activities on Integrity & Transparency, Result orientation, Accountability, Teamwork and Commitment & Diligence which are in line with the SERIVCOM mandate.
The Director General commended the SERVICOM Unit of the Bureau for discharging its duties conscientiously which earned BPE the award of a four-star (****) ranking by the SERVICOM Corporate Office during the Functionality Evaluation conducted in November 2019.
He said the BPE employs the use of various devices and measures to achieve the tenets of SERVICOM. These include:
- Frequent use of Surveys to assess the level of customer satisfaction with services rendered by the Bureau;
- Constant scrutiny and review of our internal processes to identify areas that require improvement;
- Review and Implementation of our Service Charter
- The SERVICOM Committee of the Bureau meets on a quarterly basis to ensure that service delivery issues are identified and adequately addressed;
- Regular training programmes to sensitise staff on their roles and responsibilities with regards to service delivery; and
- Use of an electronic clock-in system at both receptions and CCTV to monitor the punctuality of staff, capture details of visitors and track movements within the premises for security purposes;
It would be recalled that SERVICOM was instituted on 24th March 2004
as a means of ensuring effective and efficient public service delivery in all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of the Federal Government.
In compliance with this, the Bureau established its Unit of SERVICOM to ensure efficient service delivery initiative as envisaged by the Government.
Ibeh, Uzoma Chidi
Head, Public Communications
June 30, 2022.