Mr. Amaechi Christian Aloke is the Director, Infrastructure and Public Private Partnership (I&PPP) Department of the Bureau of Public Enterprises.
He was born on July 7th, 1965 to Bridget and Aloke Onelede in Amuzu Community of Ezza South Local Government of Ebony State. Aloke attended Amuzu Community Primary school from 1971 to 1976 from where he proceeded to the Abakaliki High School, Abakaliki (PRESCO) for his secondary education between 1977 and 1982.
He later proceeded to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) in 1984, where he studied Accountancy, graduating 1988. He also obtained a Masters Degree in Economics from the Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT Business School) in 2004. Aloke qualified as a chartered accountant in 1999 and is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Mr. Aloke is also an APMG certified Public Private Partnership professional (CP3P).
He worked as an Accountant with Transworld Consultants Ltd in Lagos between 1989 and 1994. He also worked as a senior investment analyst with Thomas Kingsley Securities Ltd between 1996 and 1997.
Aloke joined the Bureau in 2000 as an Assistant Chief Enterprise Officer (ACEO) In the course of his career in the Bureau, he has been involved in the reform and privatisation activities of the Bureau; including Ports Sector reform, power sector reform, NITEL privatisation, Daily Times Plc privatisation and Eleme Petrochemical privatisation etc. His previous positions in the Bureau include:
- 2018 – to 2020 – Deputy Director (Energy Department) – Handling Refineries, PPMC, LPG and NGC
- 2009 – 2018 – Deputy Director/Project Manager Power Sector Reform & Privatisation. Overseeing the privatisation of 18 PHCN successor companies and the overall reform of the power sector
- 2007 − 2009 − Deputy Director, Communications Department– Preparing NITEL for privatization
- 2006 – 2007, Assistant Director/ Head of Internal Audit
- 2003 – 2006 Chief Enterprise Officer For:
- Tafawa Balewa Square ltd;
- National Stadium Abuja;
- Daily Times Plc; and
- Ports Sector; and
- 2000 – 2003 Assistant Chief Enterprise Officer – Finance and Administration Department.
Aloke, in the course of his service to the Bureau, in 2006, received the Outstanding Performance Award and several commendation letters for exceptional performance over the years.